Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The Agfa Movexoom 10 mos Silent camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Frank Houiellebecq's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2001
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry for the other post, I was not thinking straight, I have just bought this model of Camera, it is the silent version, how do the members rate it ?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Frank,
    I worked with that a camera back in the 1980ies, until I bought a Beaulieu in 1989. It is a very fine camera with a precise auto-exposure and a easy to handle lap dissolve option. I liked it very much, but I always had had problems in setting the focus with that split image viewfinder. But this is a general problem of any split image viewfinder in movie cameras. The only disadvantage of that camera is, that it needs a lot of light, as it spends a lot of light in a very big and bright viewfinder area. The self timer is damn cool. The 4-frame shooting is a little bit too much for titles, creates a Pinocchio style when used for animations. The lens is sharp and I think that the overall construction is very similar to Nizo, perhaps a cooperation or the same factory. I only changed to Beaulieu because I like to shoot people in action, and that tricky split image was too hard to control for that purposes. I sold this camera 3 weeks ago for DM 200.-.
    Pedro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •